Here is what we had for dinner last night, Buffalo Wings.
Certain foods remind us of certain events. Yes, I can hear you say "WTF just give us the goddamn recipe!" but no, everything comes with a price, so I'm moving on..
I may have had Buffalo Wings on a date with Totoy... I may have had it in a meeting with Queenie. But Buffalo Wings will always remind me of Choychoy's 3rd month birthday.
Yes, we had Buffalo Wings that day,
pasta and Banoffee pie, among others.
Nanay, Ninie, Joel, Oyel and Miggy were there. Joni was there too, inside Mommy's tummy.
At one point Nanay and I were left on the table. She asked, "Ba't ba Buffalo Wings tawag d'yan?" You see she trusts me on a lot of things (especially on keeping conversations to ourselves) and I try my best not to fail her so I quipped, "E syempre ang lalaki o". Naniwala.
"Ang lalaki nga 'no?" Ga-buffalo nga naman, kombinsing.
Whew. I couldn't wait to ask my walking encyclopedia, when they left. "Toy hulaan mo, ba't Buffalo Chicken tawag dyan?"
"... e kung sabihin from Buffalo, New York kasi."
"Tama!" Chineck ko sa internet, tama nga.
And now, ladies and gentlemen, from the City of Buffalo, New Yooooork...............
The Buffalo Chicken Recipe
- 1 kg. chicken wings (any part will do actually)
- vegetable oil for frying
1. Rub the chicken with a mixture of:
- garlic powder
- cayenne pepper
3. For the sauce, cook the following in a pan under low heat:
- half brick of butter (125g)
- 1 small bottle of hot sauce (100g)
- 2 tbsp. tomato catsup
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder or 1 1/2 tbsp. chopped green onions
- 1/2 tsp. worstercershire sauce
- 1 tsp. Knorr liquid seasoning (adjust amount to taste)
4. Put the chicken in a lid container and pour the sauce.
5. Shake it well until the chicken are evenly coated with the sauce.
6. Serve with blue cheese dressing.
Blue Cheese Dressing
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tbsp. mayonaisse
- 1 finely chopped parsley
- 3 cloves finely minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. green onions (choose the white part, near the roots)
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
* You can skip the blue cheese and you get yourself a Ranch dressing. Works well with the chicken just as great.