I enjoy making heart-shaped baon for Totoy. I especially like it when he doesn't know what his baon is... it tests my E.Q. By 12:15pm I'd find myself calling him on the cel, "Nakita mo na? Maganda?"
So on Valentine's day, I made something more special than usual: heart-shaped of course, and red.
Strawberry Cheese Cake!
- 2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
- 4 tbsp. white sugar
And for the filling, these:
- 4 packs Philadelphia cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tbsp. all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp. lemon zest
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup Nestle' cream in can
- 4 eggs
1. Preheat your oven to 325°F or 170°C.
2. Mix the crust ingredients and press on the pan.
3. Beat the cream cheese and sugar in a bowl. Add the flour, vanilla, lemon zest, the cream and sour cream. Then the eggs, one at a time. Pour the mixture in your prepared pan with the crust.
4. Bake for 70 to 90 minutes, or until you get the color similar to this one:
5. Cool completely, then remove from pan. Put the toppings just before serving. Try n'yo!